INTRACYTOPLASMIC SPERM INJECTION (ICSI) AT JUHI FERTILITY CENTRE
ICSI (Intra-Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection) is described as a technique wherein a single perm is injected into the centre of an egg. It’s an effortless and painless process that has often been successful, so much that it is today the world’s most favoured fertilization method for all types of IVF, even though it was developed for the treatment of male infertility. The success-rate of fertilization with ICSI is generally around 90%.
The USP of ICSI is that it’s a very effective method to fertilize eggs in the IVF laboratory after they have been aspirated from the female.
However, the main use of ICS is for significant male infertility cases wherein IVF with ICSI involves the use of specialized micromanipulation tools and equipment and inverted microscopes that enable embryologists to select and pick up individual sperm in a specially designed ICSI needle.
HOW THE PROCESS OF ICSI WORKS?
- Female partner takes drugs to stimulate her Ovaries so that several eggs can be collected.
- Each egg is injected with a sperm cell to ensure that several embryos are available for transfer and storage.
- Each individual sperm cell is picked-up in a tiny needle (several times smaller than a human hair), before sperm-cell injection.
- The needle is later carefully advanced through the outer shell of the egg and the egg membrane and following this, the sperm is injected into the inner part (cytoplasm) of the egg.
The whole process is visualized through very high magnification microscopes. End result is that there is normal fertilization in about 75-85% of eggs injected with sperm.
The 2nd stage of ICSI process involves:
- Mature egg is held with a specialized holding pipette.
- Delicate, sharp and hollow needle is used to immobilize and pick up a single sperm.
- Needle is carefully inserted through the zona (shell of the egg) and into the center (cytoplasm) of the egg.
- Sperm is injected in the cytoplasm and the needle is removed.
- Eggs are checked the next morning for evidence of normal fertilization.
FOR WHOM IS ICSI IDEAL?
ICSI is ideal for those couples:
- Where the male partner has a very low sperm count, or very few swimming sperm or produces few good-quality sperm.
- Where the male partner has had an irreversible vasectomy, or has no sperm in his semen due to missing tubes or blockages in his reproductive organs.
The USP of ICSI is that the Sperm does not have to travel to the egg or penetrate the outer layers of the egg.
For the best ICSI Infertility Treatment in Hyderabad, there is no better choice than Juhi Fertility Centre, a top Infertility Treatment Centre in Hyderabad.
For More Information: – Please Send your Medical and logistical queries to firstname.lastname@example.org And Please Call@040 2339 3483 / 9393222207.