OVARIAN RESERVE FERTILITY TESTS AND TREATMENTS AT JUHI FERTILITY CENTRE
It’s known that with advanced maternal age, the number of egg cells in a woman declines. While there is known method for assessing the woman’s ovarian reserve, indirect determination of the ovarian reserve helps to play a vital role in the treatment of Infertility.
Ovarian Reserve helps to determine the capacity of a woman’s ovary to provide egg cells that are capable of fertilization, culminating in a healthy and successful pregnancy.
As a woman ages, the quality and quantity of her eggs too declines, leading to a reduction in natural fertility. It is at this stage, that doctors at Juhi Fertility Centre (JFC) recommend Ovarian Reserve Testing who is keen on having a baby in the near-future.
Ovarian Reserve Testing is important in the following cases:
- Woman has a family history of premature menopause.
- Woman is under the age of 35 years of age and has been unable to get pregnant for one year.
- Ovarian Reserve Fertility test has become critical and plays a great role in assessing the performance of the woman’s ovaries and woman’s fertility. They are also used in puberty and clinical suspicion of polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) and premature menopause.
VARIOUS OVARIAN RESERVE FERTILITY TESTS
- ANTRAL FOLLICLE COUNT (AFC): It is carried out through an internal (called Transvaginal) ultrasound scan within the first four days of the woman’s menstrual cycle. This way, the number of small follicles that are present within each ovary of the woman can be found out; in the end follicles between 2-6 mm are measured and the results are made available immediately following the ultrasound scan.
- FOLLICULAR STIMULATING HORMONE (FSH): It is a blood test that is done on day 2 or 3 of the woman’s menstrual cycle that measures the level of the hormone produced by the woman’s pituitary gland in the blood stream.
- ANTI-MULLERIAN HORMONE (AMH): Measures the levels of the hormone produced by woman’s granulose cells in the follicles within the woman’s ovary. This test is considered to be a very good indicator of ovarian reserve and ovarian performance. The results of the test can be had within 24 hours of the conduct of the test.
Thus the Ovarian Reserve Testing allows the doctor to evaluate a woman’s reproductive potential, in terms of the number of follicles that remain as well as the health of those follicles.
Although the testing on the whole cannot predict the end of the woman’s reproductive years, it can
- Provide for results outside the range expected for the woman’s age. This in turn can encourage the woman patient to pursue more aggressive treatment and options as well to achieve the ultimate – pregnancy.
- Represent an important factor when considering various fertility treatments and may be the final arbitrator in selecting the specific treatment plan.
Also Ovarian Reserve Testing should be performed for women:
- Older than 35 years of age and who have not conceived even after 6 months of attempting pregnancy.
- At higher risk of diminished ovarian reserve.
In case the final test results suggest that the woman has decreased or diminished ovarian reserve, an infertility evaluation is initiated at Juhi Fertility Centre (JFC).
Juhi Fertility Centre (JFC), a leading fertility agency in Hyderabad, offers world-class Ovarian Reserve Testing that result in greater fertility success later. In case you’re looking to have a baby someday, then you can undergo Ovarian Reserve Testing at JFC and get to know the results that count for in your life.